• 2024 (5)
  • 2023 (21)
  • 2022 (18)
  • 2021 (4)
  • 2020 (17)
  • 2019 (14)
  • 2018 (13)
  • 2017 (5)
  • 2016 (5)
  • 2015 (2)

Business Manager’s Update Regarding COVID-19

Mar 20, 2020

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
  • Please be aware that we will begin limiting work being done from the general office as of today. If you need to contact us, please email with your queries and include a contact number where you can be reached. We will continue to monitor this email through the times that contact by phone is not available. We plan to have phone and posting lines open on Monday morning at this time.
  • For anyone laid off, post your name back through Memberlink if possible. If you are not registered on Memberlink, and the posting phone line is closed, please email all your relevant posting details that would normally be given when posting to
  • Site C work site is now being shut down except for essential and critical path work. The Boilermakers are currently not involved in those categories so we expect that all Boilermakers onsite will be sent home over the next week as the site is secured and transportation can be arranged.
  • Pembina/Horton in Prince Rupert is now being shutdown, with those Boilermakers onsite being sent home over the next week as the site is secured and transportation can be arranged.
  • We are obtaining up to date crew lists for all jobs being shut down due to COVID-19 and we will be recalling all those that were on each of those jobs as soon as they re-start. All Lodge 359 members laid off must post their names back onto our out of work list.
  • The office and training center remain closed to all walk in traffic. We are working towards a remote work arrangement for some staff in order to limit contact, but we will attempt to maintain basic operations for the near future.
  • We are communicating with BCIT and the ITA regarding the recent level 3 class and the postponed Foundations class to ensure students are informed on what is happening with their Red Seal testing and Foundations class start dates. Apprentices and students can call and speak to Jamie or Gord next week if they have any questions.
  • The International President has given the Canadian Business Managers the ability to cancel the April and May monthly Union meetings as required, and the decision has been made to cancel the April meeting. A decision on the May meeting has not been made at this time.

Please stay safe and we will continue to update as necessary.


Jordan Streng and Staff
Boilermakers Lodge 359

Helpful Links:

WorkSafe BC Website:

Share this article on social media