- All dental and extended heath claims are moving to Canada Life effective December 1, 2022.
- Member’s ID number is the SAME as it was with Manulife.
- Policy number is 052484.
- Canada Life typically DOES NOT provide plastic member cards, however as an exception they are providing Boilermakers with 1 card per member for all members with coverage on December 1st.
- These cards will be sent to Bilsland Griffith office in mid December and mailed out to members then.
- This will be the ONLY time they will produce plastic cards and it will only be one per member (ie. not a second one for a partner).
- At 10 am on December 1, 2022, members can register on the My Canada Life website https://my.canadalife.com/ for a digital benefits card they can either print on paper OR they can download onto their phone.
- My Canada Life should have all coverage information available so that members can look at their coverage themselves after they register.
- Coverage has NOT changed at all – if something was covered with Manulife, it will be covered with Canada Life.
- The toll free number for Canada Life is 1-800-957-9777.
DISPATCHING MEMBERS ONLY FOR TUESDAY OCTOBER 25th 2022
DISPATCH WILL BE FROM 9:00 AM UNTIL FINISHED.
|CLASS A WELDER|
|1||2||Global Rigging & Transport||North Vancouver - Neptune Bulk Terminals||2 Long Shifts||Nov 7th
|CLASS A WELDER|
|3||1||CIMS||Trail -Teck Resources||10's 2 Months +/-||ASAP
|CLASS A WELDER|
|CLASS A WELDER|
Site C Penstock milestone as the last piece was installed on June 20, 2022.
This vidio link https://fb.watch/dTlL_zowja/ is courtesy of Prime Contractor AFDE acknowledging the contractors and craft involved in the installation and completion of the 6 Penstock sections for the Site C Clean Energy Project in Fort St. John, British Columbia. We also would like to thank those members who have and are still working on this project for all their hard work, dedication and sacrifices to be part of this Mega Project. The skills brought and obtained will forever be a part of the Boilermakers Local 359’s history and legacy.
This achievement is shared with the strong relationship that has also developed with fabrication contractor Groupe Lar out of Quebec, who was awarded the build and install. It was through working in partnership that made the relationship beneficial to accomplish this goal together.
Beginning on July 1, 2022, TVE Industrial Services will transition from the CLRA to the BC BCA and will be adhering to the BC BCA Collective Agreement moving forward. The Union is in full support of this change and looks forward to working with TVE under the new BC BCA Collective Agreement.
Simply Voting – Ratification Vote Certification Document
CLR Cims-GeoTech Ratification Vote:
Regarding the ratification vote held May 13th to May 27th. We are pleased to announce that the Tentative Agreement between Lodge 359 and the CLR Non-BCBCBTU (CIMS-Geo-Tech) has been accepted. A summary of results are as follows:
- Accept- 83.8%
- Reject- 16.2%
The amendments and the new wage package will take effect for this agreement beginning Sunday May 29th.
BC BCA Bargaining:
We can also announce that the Lodge 359 bargaining committee met with the BC BCA this week, and they have agreed to make substantially the same amendments to the BC BCA agreement, including the same wage increases. The Union has agreed that since the ratification for the above CLR-Cims/GeoTech agreement has now been accepted by a clear majority, we will accept the BC BCA agreement also.
This agreement will take effect Sunday June 5th.
TVE Industrial Services:
In addition to the above agreements now being completed, we’d like to announce that after liaising with the CLRA, the BC BCA, and TVE Industrial Services, TVE Industrial Services has chosen to shift their signatory agreement with Boilermakers Lodge 359 from the CLRA Standard Boilermaker Agreement to the BC BCA Boilermaker Agreement and join the BC BCA contractor group. The Union has given consent to allow this change in agreements, and we are now in discussions on a transition period for this to take place. We expect that TVE’s transition to the BC BCA will be done in short order, and further details on the timing of the change will be announced as soon as we have the transition details finalized. The Union and its membership will do all we can to support TVE Industrial Services in this major change, and we are excited to have them join the BC BCA Contractors group.
Jordan Streng and the Boilermaker Lodge 359 staff.
The recent May 11, 2022 visit with British Columbia Premier John Horgan and Energy Minister Bruce Ralston touring the Site C project.
Online Voting is now under way for the ratification of the new tentative Collective Agreement between Boilermakers Lodge 359 and CLR (non-BCBCBTU). CIMS Ltd and Geo-Tech are the signatory contractors, and the agreement is based upon the last BCA agreement, and not on the “CLR Standard Agreement”.
Boilermakers Lodge 359
5510 - 268th Street