Proof of Residency

The Union has learned that some Owner/Clients have been requesting that our contractors supply them with proof of residency for their employees regarding their Local Resident status. We just want to remind all of our members that there is historic language in our Collective Agreements that allows our Contractors to ask you for acceptable proof of residency. Normally this would be a Driver’s License or BCID, but if your residence is not up to date then you should be carrying some other form of proof of full time residency when going to a job site. This can include a recent utility bill, tax assessment, etc.., that carries your name and current address.


Lodge 359 Staff.